Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Three Little Pigs sequence from Cri-Cri el Grillito Cantor



I am certain that all of you remember that my very first post on this blog focused on an animation sequence, titled Los Cochinitos Dormilones, created by X. Atencio and Bill Justice for the Mexican movie Cri-Cri el Grillito Cantor and that none of us outside the US had ever had the chance to enjoy. Thanks to a friend in Mexico and the help of blog reader Bennett Schneir, I am happy to be able to share it with you today.

Let's hope that Leonard Maltin or someone at the Studio will decide to someday include it as a bonus on a DVD.

6 comments:

RODAN said...

Great clip.... Muchas gracias so mucho por putting it out there for us gabachos.

El Walto deci es muy bien!!!! je je je je!!

Tu es el grande en mis libro para este video!!!


Any more out there?

Alex Whitington & Rob Turner said...

That's a pretty kickass wolf.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Thanks for putting this up! It's just got mentioned on Jerry Beck's "Cartoon Brew" blog!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/archives/2007_01.html#002695

Michelle Klein-Hass said...

!Muy sabroso! Gotta love it. Nice little song, good to see the three little pigs in a different context, Mama Cochinita is nicely done too, considering that she wasn't in the original short.

Yeah, Jerry and Amid sent me. Blogspot's servers are pretty beefy, they can take it. Thanks for sharing the clip!

Joseph David said...

OMG!!! I had the record when I was a kid, my dad and older sisters would sing me that song when I was a kid. Man, I totally didn't remember Cri cri being Disney. I was in Mexico when I had the old record. Only when my co-worker forwarded me this link did it hit me that Disney had anything to do with cri cri.
I'm gonna show this to my dad, it will take him back.

Oscar said...

I have been trying to buy the movie forever is great! but haven't seen it for years and now that I have a kid, I would like to show it to him so if you anybody has any info on how to get it please let me know.

oscar@javiog.com