Friday, September 05, 2008

Help needed with a tricky transcription!

I had the pleasure to interview Disney Legend Milt Albright yesterday during more than 2 hours over the phone. Milt is 92 years old but is in perfect health and has a great memory and his stories about his time working for the company were all extremely compelling.

Unfortunately at some point towards the end of the first part of the interview the batteries of my tape recorder were running out and about 20 minutes from the interview suffered. They have been recorded, but when you listen to them, both Milt and myself sound like Chip n Dale.

Would anyone of you with a good sound equipment and "sound management" experience be willing to try and work on that transcription (those 20 minutes would need to be "slowed down" to be understandable)?

I would like to send a rough transcription to Milt within the next 2 to 3 months to get his comments, changes and eventual approval. Any daring candidate?

4 comments:

Paul said...

It sounds as if your batteries were low the speed of the tape would have made been slow. I would suggest trying to find a tape recorder with pitch control which would allow you to speed up or slow down the tape to make it understandable. Marantz recorders are one of the best when it comes to this function.

Matt said...

Have you converted the original tape recording to a digital file? If so, I could correct it for you.

Didier Ghez said...

Thanks Matt.

I received an email from another reader of the blog earlier that is willing to do it.

I really appreciate the offer in any case.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you already have it under control, but if you still need help, I'll give it a shot.